ICAgile Certified Professional
The Agile Primer
There is a running assumption that everyone now knows what Agile means
and how to work within an agile team on an agile project.
But if you have missed the boat, or are perhaps just started to work in
an agile team, then this course is for you.
In this course we will run through:
- The difference between “doing” and “being” Agile
- The origins of Agile and how it fits with software development
- Differences between Waterfall and Agile approaches
- When to and when not to use Agile
- Introduction to 3 Agile frameworks (XP, Kanban and SCRUM)
- Understanding the different roles on an agile project
- How user stories differ from requirements and help you build what your
customer actually needs
- How planning is carried out at release, iteration and task levels
- What is a “retro” and why are they so important
- How to integrate different types of work – Design, Development,
This is a practical course, with exercises and group work, just like any
good agile project.
A main component of the course is an agile project simulation where the
participants work as a team to build a new product.