ICAgile Certified Professional
The Agile Primer
There is a running assumption that everyone now knows what Agile means
and how to work within an agile team on an agile project.
But if you have missed the boat, or are perhaps just started to work in
an agile team, then this course is for you.
In this course we will run through:
- The difference between “doing” and “being” Agile
- The origins of Agile and how it fits with software development
- Differences between Waterfall and Agile approaches
- When to and when not to use Agile
- Introduction to 3 Agile frameworks (XP, kanban and SCRUM)
- Understanding the different roles on an agile project
- How user stories differ from requirements and help you build what your
customer actually needs
- How planning is carried out at release, iteration and task levels
- What is a “retro” and why are they so important
- How to integrate different types of work – Design, Development,
This is a practical course, with exercises and group work, just like any
good agile project.
A main component of the course is an agile project simulation where the
participants work as a team to build a new product.
ICAgile Certified Professional - Business Value Analysis
Business Value Analysis Fundamentals
So you have been told that you are now a “Product Owner”. What on earth does that mean? Maybe you have been charged with developing a plan to get a new product from an idea to market? Where do you start? What do you do? How do you know you have finished?
As product development teams adopt more agile development practices, there is an increasing need to have expertise within the business to define and prioritise the most valuable outcomes and deliverables.
This course will examine the role of the Product Owner and explore the different relationships required with end users, customers, business stakeholders and those building the product.
This is a hands on course. Using a simulation, we will work through the life-cycle of a product, from idea, to identifying the market and users, through to planning for what needs to be done first, developing a roadmap, working with stakeholders and team through to measuring and forecasting progress. Brought to you by Catalyst.